USE OF IMAGES
All images are Creative Commons, Non-Commercial
Feel free to use images from the site on your blog, websites, social netwoks for fun and the like, but you must
- Link to http://www.thereddotman.com
- Give credit to Irfan Hussain
CREATIVE COMMONS LICENSE
A lot of people have doubts about this type of licensing. So lets see what is creative commons license all about.
With creative commons, you can
- Copy, share and distribute the image
- Create derivative work from the image
However you must follow these conditions
- Attribution: Attribution to Irfan Hussain and the red dot man should be made along with the image
- Non-Commercial: Under no circumstances can the images be used for commercial use
For commercial use of images, business, ads and ideas contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
EXAMPLES OF ACCEPTED CREATIVE COMMONS USAGE
The below given examples are regarded as accepted use of creative common images, provided it includes proper attribution.
- Online articles and discussions about street photography, black and white, HDR or digital art.
- Using an image as a desktop background/wallpaper of their computer.
- Sharing the images on social media websites
LICENSE TO COPY RIGHT
‘Commercial Use’ regarding the use of images online or offline is defined very broadly. The determination of commercial or non-commercial use is based on the contextual use of the image. The determination is NOT based on the tax-filing status of the entity using the image nor on whether or not a financial transaction takes place.
Commercial use of the images is allowed only if expressly granted by the red dot man. All commercial uses will incur a licensing fee. Our fees are based on the following criteria:
- Media – print, web, television, etc.
- Distribution Size – number of copies printed, viewing audience size, exposure (regional, national, international)
- Length of Use – 1 year, 2 years, etc.
- Prominence of Display – 1/4 page, 1/2 page, full page, spread, front cover, back cover, home page (online), interior page (online), etc.
All licensing inquiries should be sent to: email@example.com
SAMPLE USE REQUIRING A LICENSE TO COPYRIGHT:
- A marketing campaign for a commercial entity
- A fund-raising campaign for a not-for profit entity
- A background image for a website about furniture
- License to create an individual print for use in a private home