Ever had to take a shot in a hurry and later when you looked at it in your computer you felt “aw… wish it was straight”. Happens to me quite often. So here I’m going to show you how a tilted image can be easily fixed in Photoshop.
Here I have an image. Just one look at it and you’ll realize that there’s a tilt in its horizon.
- This is a shot that I took out of my car window. Me and my friend were on my way to another friend’s place and that’s when I shot this.
Now, let’s see how to fix this.
- Open the image in Photoshop
- In the tool bar that you see on your left hand side, you will notice the eye dropper icon. Right click on it and you will be able to see the ruler tool. Select this tool.
- Now find a line on the picture which upon altering will align straight to the horizon. I’m going to select the wall that’s just beyond the lake in this image.
- Across the line of the wall I’m going to draw a line using the ruler tool by click-dragging.
- Once you are done with step 4 you should be able to see a button on top of the window that says straighten.
- Click this and Viola!!! The image is straightened.